No matter what you are trying to sell, the better condition it looks when a prospective buyer shows up, the better chance you have selling your item. This is the same when it comes to your home, even the smallest changes can have a huge positive impact on selling time and your selling price. Consider these simple keys to properly staging your home for sale.
1. New Coat of Paint – You ave no idea how one can of $30 paint can transform the looked of a dated and weathered room. This minimal investment will have a huge positive impact on potential home buyers. Not only will they not have to do the work themselves, it just gives the house a more comfortable feel to it.
2. Removing Clutter – Rent a unit at the local storage facility and get all the clutter out of every room in your house. Empty closets of winter coats, eliminate junk in the garage, box and store anything in the basement in the way, just make the house look less cluttered and it appears larger to prospective buyers instantly.
3. Professional Cleaning – Hire the experts to clean all the windows in the house, steam clean carpeting and upholstery, and transform the look of bathroom tiles. A clean house will sell faster than a dirty house, it plants the seeds in the minds of the buyers that you are particular about details, and this goes a long way with them.
4. Light Up the House – Before every showing, open curtains and turn on the lights in every room. Leave the house to the realtor and buyers, and let them have at the house without having to fumble around for light switches. They should be focused on imagining themselves in the house, not looking for light fixtures or having to open your curtains to look outside.
5. Make Repairs Now – Now is the time to make any repairs in the home so the buyers are not overwhelmed with more things to be worried about. Fix leaking sink or shower fixtures, repair broken tiles on floors or bathroom walls, and make sure all windows open and close easily before they hire an inspector and find these issues on their own.
Now you know the keys to properly staging your home for sale. The more work you do before listing the house, the easier it will be for any potential buyers to quickly fall for your house and want to make it their own. This article was prepared by the Charleston real estate professionals at Premier One. Visit them http://gopremierone.com